On 08-12-2000 at 15:18, Ming-Li kindly wrote:
> On Thursday, December 07, 2000, 7:38:30 PM, Karin wrote:

>> It's only now that I importing old Eudora mail into TB (45.000
>> mails done, more than half to go) that I really see how flakey
>> Eudora's sent message headers are.

> [snipped]
> The example you gave us looks pretty much ok to me.

'cept that when I import it in TB, it shows the wrong
created date: the date of importing instead of the date of
its actual creation.

> Want a really nasty one? Try this:

> === Eudora sent message header ===

> From ???@??? Tue Dec 13 1994 19:19:25 -0800
> To: Dr.LIN
> From: "Ming-Li" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: from Ming-Li

> === end header ===

> 1. no message ID, as you said.

<wry smile>

> 2. no recipient email address (if the recipient got a nickname in my
> address book).

I had it set to expand. That helped.

> 3. no date (created date in the leading "From" line which isn't part
> of the RFC headers).

Uh-uh...

> 4. where did the "received" header come from? It's a message sent by
> me, why is there a received date?

Eudora received the ,essage from you to pass on to others,
didn't it? ;-)

> Thankfully those days are way behind me. :)

<nods>

- K -

--

Hier gibt es keine harmlosen Worte