Hi,

Not strictly about thebat, but I hope you'll forgive me...

I have started having some troubles with pgp decrypting emails. I could
previously do this no problem. I uninstalled the CA pgp 6.5.1i that
contained a couple of keys that were working. This was a mistake. So I
reinstalled 6.5.1i from www.pgpi.com. Next I added back the keys from the
same email messages that they were added from originally. One was an
attached .asc file, and other was inline text that pgpkeys seemed to be
able to find no problem.

Now, I can see the keys in the PGPkeys application. Alas, when I attempt
to decrypt an email message from either of these 2 guys, I get :

"Message was encrypted to the following public keys(s)
Job Bloggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... (DH/1536)
1 unknown key(s)

It is not possible to decrypt this message because your keyring does not
contain usable private key(s) corresponding to the above public keys(s)."

So the problem looks like there is an unknown key in the message for some
reason. It has found the correct email address that originated the email.

I don't get to input the passphrase, can only exit from the dialogue box.

Does anyone have an idea of why pgp is no longer happy ? I have read the
FAQs and the archives but there doesn't seem to be much info about pgp
around - maybe because everyone else finds it easy ??? I am new to pgp so
would be happy to be told what silly mistake I have made ....

thanks,
davidp.
 David Pascoe                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Using The Bat! 1.48f under Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998