Hello Allie.

  On Tuesday, December 26, 2000 @ 16:55:57 -0500 you wrote the following in regards
  to my question about TB! v1.48 - %ABnnnPPP usage:

JR>>    Why doesn't the following macro retrieve the handle in an address
JR>>    book file?

JR>>    Hi %ABofromHANDLE.

Allie> The address that 'ofrom' refers to is not in the address book?

Allie> This is the most likely case since the macro is sound in construction
Allie> and should work if an address book entry contains the 'ofrom'
Allie> information.

  OK let's take this msg for example.

  I have you in my address book as "A. Curtis Martin".  My TB!
  folder (where all TB! msgs go) would treat this msg as "Hello A."

  In the AB properties for your entry, I added "Allie" as the Handle

  Also in the AB entry of your name, I created a test reply template that
  began with "Hi %ABofromHANDLE." I clicked on the option to "Use
  a specific template"

  I replied to this msg & the folder template over rode the AB
  entry with "Hello A.".

  I fixed the msg to read "Allie" @ key places via a manual clipboard QT.

  Maybe I'm not testing this correctly.  Would this only work if you
  responded to me privately & not via TBUDL?

  Thanks.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA