On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:32:32 -0800, Susanne wrote these
words of wisdom:

S> I just tested this out a little and it works fine, if I immediately
S> go and check the large message, before checking for new mail again.
S> Otherwise that message gets deleted, since it's covered by one of my
S> filters.

Have you enabled leave messages on server and define like 2 days as the
keep time limit? Large messages are not deleted for me unless the server
time expires (2 days for me) or I manually delete them with the
dispatcher.

S> I guess there is no setting somewhere to save these larger messages
S> for a day or so? Or can I accomplish this with a specific filter
S> regarding size and override all my other filters?

This is what I do exactly:

In my account properties, mail management settings I have:

Leave messages on server.

Keep messages on server for 2 days.

Receive only headers if message size exceeds 150KB.

I then enable delete message from server in all my filters.

What is really happening here is that TB! will not delete any messages
from the server unless:

a) the message has exceeded the defined duration of stay on the server.
The duration being defined by the 'keep messages on server for x days'
option.

b) directed to do so by a filter. A filter will not delete a message
from the server unless it has actually filtered the message.

Messages that exceed your defined size limit do not reach the inbox, so
they shouldn't be deleted.

WAIT, hold a minute!! I think I know what is wrong. You are filtering
the large message notification aren't you, and the filter that catches
these large message notifications also has the server delete option
enabled right?

Do the following and see if it helps:

Create a new filter and place it at the top of your filter list. I named
mine 'large message notifier'.

Source Folder : Inbox       Destination Folder: Inbox

Filter strings:

String: "The Bat!"  ; Location: Sender   ; Presence: Yes

Do not enable 'delete message from server' for this filter.

- --
 |     A. Curtis Martin  [List Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA]      |
 | PGPKey: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey |
@_@   (Opinions given are mine and not those of RITLABS)   @_@
TB! v1.48h | Windows NT 5.00.2195 (Service Pack 1)