Hello fellow listmembers,

for all of you who rely on the manual backup procedure for
TB instead of using the (newly) built in function.
With the help of Thomas, Roel and Andrey I found a very
convenient way for doing this:

The way I designed it will execute the Backup everytime TB
is closed *automagically* without you even noticing anything
has changed.

I assume you have already a batchfile exporting the TB
registry settings and then calling up your favourite Packer.

First, create a batchfile looking like this:

<Start TBw/Backup.bat>

start /wait X:\PATH\thebat.exe
:: WIN9x users use "/w" instead of "/wait"
call X:\PATH_TO_EXISTING_BACKUP.BAT

<End TBw/Backup.bat>

Use this batchfile to fire up TB instead of thebat.exe.
This will result in two windows popping up (TB itself and
the MS-DOS window where the batchfile is executed)

To get rid of the MS-DOS window, which will reside in your
taskbar use the following batchfile to hide that window
(backup procedure will *not* be changed in any way):

<Start of Hidden.bat>

X:\PATH\HIDEWNDW.EXE /r X:\PATH_TO_TBw/Backup.bat

<End of Hidden.bat>

This one will start the batchfile from the first example
using a little program (running under Win9x to W2K) which
will hide the MS-DOS window.

The program HIDEWINDOW is freeware and available from:
http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win95/desktop/hidewndw.zip/downl.html
(about 35Kb)

HTH some of you.

Kari Jakobi

The Bat! 1.49 Beta/1 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195

To obtain my PGP-Key send a message to:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGP-KEY_REQUEST
PGP-KEY ID: 0x388CEBFF