On Wednesday, Wednesday, January 10, 2001, you wrote:

> already done, no effect ...

Didn't think it would but for reasons that aren't clear letting things
"rest" overnight and restarting TB allowed it to work for me (at least
for the one address I'm testing with).

> further question: do you have a file present in your mail directory
> called SMIMERND.BIN ?

Nope.  No such file anywhere on the drive with TB on it.

> I'm missing this random seed file, The Bat! doesn't create it by
> itself, maybe that's the reason for the access violation?

Good thought that's for sure.  I just tried another test to the
address that gave me the access violation error yesterday and it was
sent, encrypted and signed, without a problem.

Dave Martin
Rexx Language Association Member
www.rexxla.org