Greetings,

First Thanks for this long and very detailed explantation, it helps a lot.

On 14.01.2001 at 22:06 Douglas Hinds wrote:

>I evaluated and registered Calypso v 3.0 during May of 1999. I liked
>some of it's features a lot, while others such as the mono-lingual
>and really bad (even in English) spell checker and the sequential
>account downloads. TB!s editor is so far above Calypso's, I can't
>imagine going back to it (just take the trouble to learn TB!'s
>commands). OTOH, I wish TB! would implement the ability to edit
>incoming messages in a more direct manner.

OK, good point, most of the time I use the german spellchecker, and  I
think (its mor a feeling) that the Calypso-Spellchecker is a little better.

Sequential Downloads do not bother me, because I fetch my mail with a local
installatin of Mercury.

>I particularly liked Calypso's multiple signatures and single inbox
>w/ account column features, but I used only 4 accounts then and did
>no filtering. It is also easier to download mail from a specific
>single account among others w/ Calypso (& even Outlook express for
>that matter) than it is w/ TB!, since my account tree and folder
>directory system is longer than a python.

Lucky guy, My account-tree is really long, (15 accounts, only 4 for
testing-purposes, the rest really in use).

>Aside from the 5 mb I'd downloaded, I had 50mb of Calypso encrypted
>email I couldn't access via any means but once again Calypso Tech
>Support couldn't have been less concerned. It was my operating
>system, they said (the same one I'm using now a year and a half
>later), and insisted I install every windows upgrade present on the
>M$ website, many of which have nothing to do with the internet or
>anything else remotely related to Calypso. I was affected by and
>stuck with their abysmal ignorance. They did export the 5 mb file
>for me, but took a week to do it (a fellow TBUDL friend took less
>than 24 hr. to do the same).

OK, till now I did not have bad experince with Calypso-Support, the three
times I contacted them they where very responisve and found a solution for
my problems

>In short, Calypso is for those in need of little more than a glitzy
>GUI. Technologically it's far inferior to TB! and in any case, not
>only is MCSDallas incompetent, they are not to be trusted.

Glitzy guy is compared to Eudora not really true. Also TheBat! has a better
looking guy than Calypso (But TheBats! Guy is very bad organised and  I
often have to seek a while for certain functions, hope this will be better
with Verion 2)

>It needs more global management features (covering all accounts) for
>the ticker, for filters and for downloading, thus avoiding having to
>search through the whole expanded tree a for given account in order
>to deal with it's properties. It should be possible to make global
>filters, also.

Agreed :)

>MP> I am waiting for opinions
>
>Now you've heard mine.

Thanks, as Ive written before very helpful

Regards

Martin P. Posch>
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: FE34 0695 474E C843 099E  3480 EF01 699C FE10 E26E