Hello A,
On Saturday, January 20, 2001 you wrote:

> Why not prevent downloading of these large messages and then download
> them later at your leisure with the dispatcher. In fact you can even
> ignore some after examining the headers.

Because  configuring  TB  in  the way you said means that this will be
permanent.  What  I  wish  is much simpler and can be applied when for
some  reason  I  decide  that I want to skip the message. For example,
this  and only this particular time the connection is very slow or I'm
just  in  a  hurry  and that 1,5 meg message blocks all other. Yeah, I
could  cancel  downloading  and  trigger  mail  dispatcher,  but after
pressing  cancel  and  answering  "no",  all  the  already  downloaded
messages  would  be  marked for retrieval again. I'd have to wait till
all  their  headers  are  downloaded *again* and then mess with all of
them. Takes much time. And "skip" would be such simple solution.

I'm  not  sure  about  technical  possibilities of realizing it. Is it
possible  in  POP3  to  cancel  the  retrieval  of  a message, without
cancelling  whole  session (which would lead to all the downloaded and
"deleted" messages be downloaded again)? Opss, this should actually go
to TBTECH...

--
 / Krzysztof Trybowski  pgp 0xC2AF5441 /--/  To get my pgp key, put  /
/ www.thebat.i.krakow.pl  uin 4350719 /--/  "send_key" in subject.  /_

Using The Bat! 1.49c [reg] under Windows NT 5.0 build 2195.