Hello Lars, Thanks for your suggestions.

On Monday, January 22, 2001 21:37:02 [GMT +0100], you wrote the
following in regards to 'TB! v1.49 - GMX mail servers':

Lars> No problems here. Via the web interface change your 'Options' ->
Lars> 'Security' to 'SMTP with login'.

  Not quite sure what you mean here.

JR>> Authentication:
JR>> Use RFC 2554 protocol
JR>> Use settings of Mail Retrieval
JR>> Use POP before SMTP authentication

Lars> As you activated support for RFC 2554 on the SMTP server a bit
Lars> earlier this message, you can now deactivate 'Use POP before
Lars> SMTP authentication' in the account properties. I hope this
Lars> solves your problem.

  My current settings look like this now:

SMTP Server = mail.gmx.co.uk
Perform SMTP authentication (RFC 2554) *not* selected
Use POP before SMTP authentication *is* selected

User info entered
Password info entered
Combined delivery (send+receive) is selected

  Still I cannot use the GMX SMTP server.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA