Dear Jamie,

Going back 16:33 24.01.2001. when you uttered the following thoughts:

> Find a friend with an always connected Linux box. Ask him to create
> you an account and use their machine as an smtp server. Find a smtp

The best bet. If your mail average is low, contact me off list.

> server which allows relaying but hasn't been maps/rbl'd by some over
> enthusiastic sysadmin. Or possibly use a GMX smtp server although

Negative! Hey, I knew over 50 *.k12.*,us SMTP servers that where
AWFULLY open, mostly with Eudora IMS 1.3 that doesnt provide anti
relay features. In only 2 years, most of these boxes where shut down
because of abuse.

> there have been problems with that. (Calling a GMX user please help clarify
> this point). Obtain a old machine and convert it to an smtp server and

GMX seems really not to be reliable enough...

> thing that can sometimes work is to ask the sysadmin very nicely if he
> could enable the smtp port.

Most of times he won't, not because he doesnt want, but because he's
not allowed to. Don't forget management people?

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
What's another word for Thesaurus?