Hello Andrew,

AH> On 30 Jan 2001, at 18:05, Johannes Posel wrote:

<skip>

>>> Personally, I have no need for IMAP. If you have real and
>>> complex IMAP needs, i.e. as more than a glorified POP
>>> protocol, then TB v1 > is not going to suit you.

>> I would love to hear from someone knowledgeable what TB IMAP
>> support does and doesn't, because one of my mail providers
>> forces me to use IMAP, POP3 is blocked ourside their LAN...

AH> Ok, I used tb over weekend using imap support, and did not
AH> notice any difference between pop3 and imap. So basicly, no
AH> support for imap server folders, everything is downloaded
AH> from the root folder, if it is marked as read it is not
AH> downloaded from the server. If the delete from server option
AH> is checked everything is deleted as per pop3.

Just try to use 'Dispatch on the server' option and you will
enjoy access to on-line folder etc. When I used IMAP it was
somehow slower than pop and didn't seem to be extremely stable
though:( But you definitely cannot 'mirror' on-line folder
structure on your local hard drive automatically I believe.

Best regards,
 Serge Skorokhodov                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]