Hi Yuki,

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:14:00 +0900GMT (01/02/2001, 17:14 +0800GMT),
Yuki Taga wrote:

T>> Right-click on any incoming message and choose Encoding.

> Say what? <g>  I right click on a message in the reader, and I don't get an
> 'Encoding' option.  Neither do I seem to get it in the message list window.
> What on earth am I missing?  You surely don't mean 'Character Set'?

Well... I do. It's called Message Encoding in the editor (under the
Options menu) and Character Set in the viewer. Talk about
inconsistency. ;-)

> But there's no Japanese support there yet anyway.

Well, you'll have to put it in, like I put in the Thai support. I
don't know where you would get a Japanese XLAT table. But it would
probably be easier for you to find it than me.

The XLAT table can either be typed in by hand (main menu: Options /
XLAT tables), or more likely, you will get it as a registry key, which
you will have to put into your registry under HKCU / Software / RIT /
The Bat! / XLT /

I got the Thai XLAT tables (for two different Thai encodings) as .reg
files that put themselves in there.

Once that is in, you will have to put a monospaced Japanese Font into
your C:\Windows\Fonts directory.

Enjoy all those messages in Japanese that will come in and be easy to
read for you even without any FEP.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.