Saturday, February 03, 2001, 8:36:51 AM, A. wrote:

ACM>>> URL's launch just fine here. Have you checked the IE options to be
ACM>>> certain that TB! is still configured as your default e-mail client?

YT>> Yes, TB! is still the default e-mail client according to
YT>> MSIE/Tools/Internet Options/Programs. Never had this problem with
YT>> Pegasus, either. Wonder what's causing this. And . . . since I run
YT>> both MSIE and Netscape, is there a way to configure TB! to launch
YT>> the browser of my choice, even though that browser might not be
YT>> the default browser?

ACM> No. TB! will only launch you're default browser.

Hmm.  Another suggestion.  ^_^

ACM> The next thing you need to check is if MSIE is in fact your default
ACM> browser. Do URL's invoked from other applications work?

Pegasus launches URLs perfectly, although I can define which browser
Pegasus uses, and I have it set to launch Netscape, because I prefer the
way Netscape handles bookmarks, and use it for most of my browsing.  But I
usually leave MSIE set as the system default browser, because I've found
that monkeying around with this aspect of a Windows platform usually
results in some undesirable behavior someplace.  Then I turn off the
notification in Netscape that pops up asking if you want to set it as the
default browser. Netscape seems quite content to live its life as Number 2,
even though I really use it as Number 1.  ^_^  But to be honest with you,
I've forgotten how to verify that MSIE is the default, although I'm pretty
sure it is.

And key here, I think, is that MSIE is geting launched by TB!.  So if it
wasn't the default browser, that wouldn't be happening according to what
you wrote above.  But something is not working right, because the page load
is failing with an error message . . . cannot load.

Best,

Yuki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]