On February 4, 2001, at 7:28:46 AM, Mark Knipfer Wrote:

MK>  View | Display | All Messages (Ctrl =)
MK>   View | Sort by | Received Time (Ctrl 1)
MK>   View | Sort by | Descending Order (Ctrl 0)
MK>   View | View Threads by | References (Alt 1)

Mark, I have found that if you simply view threads by Subject, you won't
get the annoying movement of the message columns across the top of your
screen. Besides, the Re:[#'s] don't seem match up. By that, I mean you can
have 3 or 4 Re:[2]'s that are replies to different authors.

I've just found it easier and cleaner to view threads by Subject alone,
and not bother with the References.

Nick

N.J. Andriash [ TB! v1.49c | PGP 7.0.3 | Win 98 SE ]
  Vancouver, B.C. Canada | PGP Key ID:  0x7BA3FDCE