Hello Jan-Arild,

19.03.2001 you wrote:

<skip>

JAL>   OS: Win98 4.10.1998 Norwegian
JAL>   CPU: PII 300
JAL>   RAM: 128MB
JAL>   Free space: 2,2GB

JAL> As I said, I have experienced this problem before (somewhere
JAL> between 1.41 and 1.45, I think). Then it went away, and I
JAL> have upgraded several times without any problems at all,
JAL> until now. No changes has been made on my system for months.

A couple of questions just in case:

  -  do you have some other Delphi/C++Builder applications on
  your system?

  - I might miss something but I wonder if you've tried to remove
  the previous version of TB! *completely* (it includes removing
  TB! home directory and 'RitLabs' registry branch) before
  attempting installation of the new version?

I remember some similar (but much less severe) problems a couple
of times but I've got piles of various VCL and other Borland
development stuff in my box. I always cleaned the system
thoroughly and reinstalled the new version after that. It was
always successful. In order to preserve the data (just in case, I
don't mind to offence you in any way:), you can either move
'MAIL' folder to a save place and then set it as default mail
directory during setup (you have to "recreate" all accounts
though) or just make full backup with built-in TB! utility, save
'colors.ini' file from 'MAIL' folder(if you use color groups, you
may not need it in the new version -- I'm not sure), reinstall
TB! (create a dummy account when asked) and carry out a full
restore with built-in utility.

Hope this is of any help.

Best regards,
 Serge Skorokhodov                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]