Hello Thomas,

T> Yes, I think it is in the Windows config: Start / Setup / Config /
T> Sounds / ... (something in Chinese; probably Error Sound).

Thank you. I removed the sound from what in norwegian windows is called
"utropstegn" (exclamation mark), and now the irritating noise is gone.
But I still think that the Bat could be programmed to leave this sound
out when a user wants that, so that this sound can be turned on for
the use of other windows programs.

 Ottar                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]