On Saturday, April 21, 2001, at 8:37:00 AM, Dierk Haasis thoughtfully wrote:

DH> OK, for the processing of the macros (specifically those that do not
DH> position anything, like %SIGNCOMPLETE) it is irrelevant where they are
DH> put, i.e. the %SINGLERE does work regardless if you put it at the top
DH> or bottom of your template.

DH> The glitch is, put at the top it will result in a
DH> blank line. I think
DH> it will also generate one at the bottom, *but there
DH> you can't see it*
DH> because afterwards is nothing to show it.

DH> That's why I - who has made the same mistake out of
DH> a logical process
DH> when I started with TB! - now advise to put in such
DH> macros at the
DH> bottom.

DH> My greeting is right in the first line, so no blank
DH> lines will result.

DH> Concerning your sig: When it is gone now, you may
DH> have changed
DH> something in your template or are using the wrong
DH> template.

DH> BTW, I am not a programmer or software engineer but
DH> also of the
DH> "creative" brood. And I can assure you that TB!
DH> looks at the beginning
DH> much more intimidating than it is. especially
DH> templates are easily
DH> understood in a few weeks (or days, according to the
DH> time you spend
DH> with TB!).

    It seems today won't be a very productive day for Bat-Mods. I've
    messed up everything I've touched thus far.

On %ODATE, at %OTIMELONG, %OFROMNAME wrote:

%WRAPPED="%QUOTES"
%CURSOR

%SINGLERE

            The above seems correct as per your description. Please advise
            me if you see a tweak I'm missing.

            I believe my reply template is the correct one but I'm
            noticing that a change in one set of properties seems to
            sometime bollix up another set. I fear the decongestants are
            affecting my judgements.

               Nice to hear I have left-brained company here. :  ) There
               is something beautifully creative about assembling a
               complex personalized tool.

                  ./michael