Hello Everybody!

Recently I found out about this worm so here goes some info
(hope you don't mind because I posted this to both lists):

<Worm info>

1. Beware of the Internet-worm "Stator"

The first harmful program spreading via the popular e-mail "The Bat!"
has been detected.

Kaspersky Lab, an international data-security software-development
company, warns users of the discovery "in the wild" of the first
Internet-worm, going by the name of "Stator," utilizing the popular
e-mail client "The Bat!" in order to spread.

Because of advanced functioning facilities, flexible set-up, and
affordable price, "The Bat!" has become very popular amongst
experienced Internet users in the past few years, particularly in
Central and Eastern Europe. Until recently, the main advantage of this
e-mail program was the absence of any harmful code in its
applications.

"In essence, Stator is simply the continuation of the computer
underground attacking users, proving the well-known rule that the more
popular the application, the more attention virus writers will pay to
it," commented Denis Zenkin, Head of Corporate Communications for
Kaspersky Labs.

Protection against the "Stator" Internet-worm has already been added
to the KasperskyTM Anti-Virus daily database update. Users, especially
those using "The Bat!", are highly recommended to download this latest
update.

Technical Details

This Internet-worm utilizes the e-mail client "The Bat!" in order to
spread. It gains access to the database, searches for the e-mail
addresses contained there, and sends out its copy to them in the form
of an attachment to an e-mail.

The worm's copy contains the name "photo1.jpg.pif" and contains the
photo of an unknown young woman sitting next to a likeness of the
well-known MacDonald's restaurant mascot, Ronald MacDonald. The
message body is written in Russian in the Cyrillic alphabet.

The translated text appears as follows:

  Hello!

  Your address was given to me by a common friend of ours (the first
address   that came to his mind)
  I am a newcomer to the Internet and have just got this mailbox!
  So this is the very first time I am writing an e-mail!!!
  He said that if I had any questions, I could ask you...
  I am pretty cute and sociable.
  (have a look at the photo)
  I'm waiting for a reply from you!!!
  Write me a bit about yourself and what you would like to know about
me.
  Good bye! Good bye!
  :)))))))))

  Sveta Kovaleva

The worm also installs itself to the system and infects a few files in
the system, as well as sends passwords and other confidential
information out of the computer.

To hide its activity the worm displays a JPEG image of a girl.

For more technical details, visit the Kaspersky Virus Encyclopedia
(http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.asp?id=4188&key=00001000130000100072).
</Worm info>

So everyboy, take care...

I saw in registry that there are few extensions/filename's that might
be a virus which are kind of protected... It might be nice to add few more
manually, without editing registry...

P.S. When will 1.52 final arive?
--
Till the next time, all the best...