Hello andrew,

Historians believe that Tue, 5 Jun 2001 at 10:02 GMT +0100 was when,
andrew [A] typed the following:

A> we should edit this to be in my case :-

A> String: ^in-reply-to.+@andema\.co.uk>$

A> is that right?

That will work.

Just a tiny note: . alone means any character, that's why
Allie had put \. for the first period.  \. means you want the
period character, and not any character.  Confused?

As written, your regular expression will match:
in-reply-to: (something)@andema.coTuk>

You can replace the (something) with any string, and the T can be
*any* single character.

Change the regexp to: ^in-reply-to.+@andema\.co\.uk>$
Now you can only match:
in-reply-to: (something)@andema.co.uk>

In this case, the difference is fairly trivial, but sometimes it's not
so trivial.

According to the list rules, this conversation is a bit too technical
for this list.  If you'd like to continue the discussion, we should
really move to TBTECH or off-list.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Using The Bat! 1.53 RC/1 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

OK, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric.