Hi Daniel,

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:22:15 +0200GMT (06/06/2001, 16:22 +0800GMT),
Daniel Morton wrote:

> I use  THE BAT for all my emails. When I am in other programs such as
> Word there is the send to function (to send the word document as an
> email) but it then asks for a username and pwd.

It is the account password within TB that is asked for. If you didn't
set a password, leave that field blank. And I agree it's a GUI
nightmare: I also tried every password I could think of (I couldn't
think of the account passwords, because I never set any on that
machine!), until I just left it blank out of spite, and suddenly it
worked.

Here is what you have to do to avoid this pop-up:
In one account, under Account / Properties / General, tick "Use this
account for mailto URL's". Then this account will be chosen; you can
still change it again with the Editor's Option menu.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.52f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.