Hi Melissa,

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:42:13 -0700GMT (08/06/2001, 16:42 +0800GMT),
Melissa wrote:

DM>> * store the attachment separate from message in special dir ?
DM>> * in message bodies ?

M> I prefer storing them separate from the message bodies, in a folder that
M> I've created for them.  This way, they're all in one place, where I can
M> examine, scan, etc.

I used to store them seperately for the very same reason (arbitrary
access). However, I have now switched to In Message Body, because:

1.) I used to have a lot of attachments that made no sense in the
extra directory. message1.msg through message317.msg don't help me
identify anything; neither does a file with the same name, sent to you
by different people, and the name being picture.jpg (and then
picture1.jpg and so forth). Most of the file names in that \Attach
directory where useless for arbitrary browsing.

2.) If I really want to keep an attached file, I save it to another
directory anyway (My Dopcuments \ someSubDir for *.doc files, for
example), as the \Attach directory under TB gets cluttered with all
kinds of different files and at the end you do not find anything
anyway.

3.) When you move the message to another account, the attachment will
stay in the original \Attach directory belonging to the orginal mail
account. OK, you say you created an extra directory for attachments,
but that only makes the clutter (point 2) worse.

4.) When you delete messages or purge them, the attachments sometimes
don't get deleted in the seperate folder. OTOH sometimes the
attachments disappeared even though the messages was parked.

Did I forget something?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.52f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.