Before I upgraded to v1.53bis, the following problem did not exist.

In the Account Options > Transport, I have 'deferred' delivery
checked. As far as my knowledge on this goes, this means that when I
send a message ("Send Now"), it will be placed in the outbox until
either a scheduled online delivery occurs, or an online new mail fetch
occurs, AND I have 'combined delivery' enabled in the Transport
options. Things have changed since upgrading from the previous
version. Now, when I select "send now", TheBat! takes the command
quite literally.

I know that this is only a minor problem for me, since I will only
have to start remembering to hit 'queue in outbox' instead of 'send
now', but I thought that temporary queuing in the outbox was the whole
purpose behind "deferred delivery".