Hello! I have a basic, almost silly question.

I've been a bat user for a couple of years now, but I have a problem:
I'm on the road and using a dialup, rather than my traditional cable
modem. And I'm at a house with only one phone line for a family--so I
don't have time for searching archives, just a few minutes snatched
here and there for sending email. So I ask you to please forgive a
basic question that I know must be answered other places.

My problem is that I don't want to send immediately (since I'm
composing these messages offline). I want to hit "send," but have the
messages be queued in the outbox until I hit "Send mail for all." The
problem is that if I hit "Put the leter in the Outbox" (TB 1.53d), the
message is marked with a little hourglass symbol--and messages marked
with this symbol have to be un-marked BY HAND before they will be
sent. Plus having to confirm "Save this message?" is really annoying.

Is there a way around this? I've set deferred delivery under the
account properties, but it still tries to dial out when I hit send.
I've also set the network settings to use a manual connection, rather
than auto-dial.

Thanks for your help,

Tony

--
Tony A.T. Mendina, http://www.mendina.com
PGP Keys: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=Get_Keys";>