On 19-07-2001 at 06:15, RL Autry kindly wrote:

> So we would like to know if TB can be set up to receive
> and organize e-mail as though it was a newsreader (thread based)
> by subject and manage and view it as a newsreader would
>   a newsgroup posting such as:

> click on the plus and the replies drop down from the main subject posted

Certainly. Set view for that particular folder - I do
suppose that you filter your mail based on particular
mailing lists - on "View threads by reference" and you're
done.

> watch certain (subjects) threads

Now *that* is something I would like to see, too. Agent has
this nice capacity of allowing filters to expire, and I've
often pondered that something like this would be useful in
TB.

RL yes, you can automatically mark certain subjects and
assign them a colour, for instance; check the sorting office
for that. The only downside is that when the thread has
died, you need to manually delete the filter. Agent's
solution for this is commendable.

> download and review just headers
> instead of the entire mail then choose to delete or download

You can do that via the mail dispatcher; but since that
forces TB to first download all headers and then forces you
to review them manually and/or apply filters, that could
become an awkward and time-consuming task.

- K -

--

What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
  - Anonymous