Hi Dominik,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:44:28 +0200GMT (10/08/2001, 07:44 +0800GMT),
Dominik 'IronHand' Dalek wrote:

DID> Maybe like this:
DID> Is  The  Bat!  supporting multi-character digits, like Kanji alphabet or
DID> others? I know Delphi apps mostly do, but does TB!?

No problem reading and writing Chinese over here.

DID> If not, are there any plans to support Arabic, Chinese, Japanese...?

So my posting a minute ago to tamuz. BTW, there are no "complicated"
languages in computing, but single-byte character languages (most of
them) and double-byte character sets (DBCS; also called CJK -
Chinese-Japanese-Korean). TB displays Chinese just fine except that it
does not insert automatic line breaks in autowrap or auto-format;
someone had a problem with Japanese but I think that has been fixed;
but I haven't read anything about Korean yet.

Arabic is not complicated. In fact, the writing is much easier and
more logical than English. What makes you think it is complicated?

Kanji is not an alphabet. The Chinese use characters (depicting
meaning), not letters (depicting pronunciation), that's why it is not
an alphabet. Kanji is just the Japanese word for "Chinese characters",
one of the three sets of characters they use (four sets, if you count
Romanji).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53o
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.