A Bat-fellow, Timothy J. Luoma,
wrote on Thursday, 30th August 2001 at 23:15:33 (GMT -0700 PDT),
which was Friday 8:15 a.m. in Bratislava, Slovakia --

TJL> If I paste a really long line into a Compose window, it doesn't wrap.

TJL> So I highlight the line and do control-shift-F to reformat it.

TJL> But it doesn't.

TJL> What's the solution to reformat an overly long line -- or will
TJL> theBat do it when I hit send?

No, thankfully. That is the wonderful thing about TB editor, it does
not change or reformat anything after you hit send. What you see is
what you get.

Your solution is:

you don't need to highlight anything in order to re-format long lines.
Just switch the Auto-format on by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F, and then
insert a space anywhere inside the long line and again delete that
space using the backspace key. The long line will instantly be
re-formated to the proper line length.

The same thing works for quoted long or straggling lines! This sort of
auto-format (automatic re-flowing of quoted text from previous emails)
is a magnificent feature of The Bat, something that *instantly* made
me abandon Outlook and choose The Bat.

A RELATED WISH: Please, RITlabs, let the Status Bar in TB editor show
us whether AutoFormat is currently switched on or off.

--
Yours,
Alex. of Slovakia

[flying with The Bat! 1.54 Beta/7
under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
amd k6-2 500 mhz processor with 128 mb ram]