Hello ::Andrew::,

A> Hello mrten-dop,

A> Monday, September 03, 2001, 10:03:18 PM, you wrote:

md>> i'm using version 6.5i and it gives me no problems whatsoever. my
md>> guess is that 6.5.x versions shouldn't give any problems.

md>> don't try to use the 7.0.x builds as there is no bat! plugin (see
md>> downloads-area at www.ritlabs.com).

A> 'Versions of PGP later than 6.5.3 may be downloaded from anywhere in
A> the world since US export restrictions were lifted from these versions.'

A> do we think this is because they've been weakened in some way?

A> Andrew

   The sourcecode for 6.5.3 was released in printed book format for
   people outside the united states before the export restrictions
   were lifted, and then later scanned into a PC.  You can get the
   official version from www.pgpi.org

   In some cases 6.5.3 is the most secure version out there.

   The government just realized that trying to keep the cat in the bag
   is really tough to do.

 Ryan