All:

>From about the 4th or 5th time I booted XP, and without fail since
then, I've been getting this annoying pop up and event log message.

The pop up arrive immediately after logging in, and if I sit and
stare at the log in screen without doing anything, it will show up
even there.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID:       26
Date:           11/10/2001
Time:           12:42:33 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       (deleted)
Application popup: Microsoft Outlook : Either there is no default mail client or the
current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft
Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Well, I went there.  "Sorry, there is no information, blah,
blah, blah."

Anyone know what is happening here?  My Run key seems clean in the
registry, as well as the start up folder.  I can account for
everything in those two locations, and none of these items acted up
under 98.

Would not be surprised to find MS guilty of trying to ram Outlook
down everyone's throat of course.

Best,

Yuki ^_^

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]