On 17 November 2001 at 6:50 pm Januk wrote:

> 4. Use an external program.  People have reported that they really
>    like a program called Mailbag Assistant for their archiving needs.
>    I personally haven't used it, but I have yet to hear a negative
>    comment about this program.  The drawback of this solution is
>    that the program isn't freeware.  However, it does allow you to
>    migrate between many different e-mail programs with ease (at least,
>    that's what the marketing department says.)
>    <http://www.fookes.com/mailbag/index.html>

Yes, this is a phenomenal package - some people have suggested that
The Bat! should have statistics, rather like Eudora does, but this
goes way beyond what is done there, And it provides selective archive
and restore, export to and import from lots of formats, extraction of
any or all fields, scripting, regular expression and soundalike
searches, ...

For someone who ran a busy campaign and got hundreds of emails a day
it was vital.

Alastair