On 22 November 2001 at 5:09 pm atelier1 wrote:

> i have serious problems with my computer several os's are crashing,i
> did a reformat and new install of xp and w2k, installed thebat
> ,pointed to the old mail dir ( as outlined in previous posts)all
> worked fine again, until.......the system started to crash again ,had
> to do many scandisks,maildir got messed up , i refreshed from a cd
> backup several times(the bat backup is not working ).
> now, after i find out what the reason for the crashing is ,and the
> problem is solved, i want to install the bat again, no reg settings
> import,no account info,no filters,i just want to be able to have my
> folder structure back with the mail in the folders again.
> Would this be possible, if so how would i go about this?
> Thank you in advance

This requires someone more technically competent than me in the file
structure to answer.

However, what is really needed reminds me of a feature request I had
in mind and forgot to make. In Tools | Backup, change the option from:

[x] Folders with Messages

to:

[x] Folders
    [x] with Messages

(Obviously checking the second has an implied checking of the first).

Several times I've wanted to clear out messages but retain folder
structure (at last count 65 folders, so not simple to recreate);
without an option to restore the folder structure (after deleting
everything) the only way of doing this is laboriously deleting
messages from each folder ... unless someone knows better :)

Alastair