Hello Peter!

On 2  Dec 2001 at 18:01:45 you wrote:

> how do I set The Bat! as default email client in Opera 6.0 version 999?
> Checking "use system default" (=The Bat!) doesn't work for email links in
> Opera. Any ideas?

1. Download the final (build 1010), it corrects most of the serious
bugs we reported in beta1 (build 998 and 999).

2. If this cures your problem everything is alright; it did for
Haarvaard from Opera Software. Sadly some of us - me included - still
suffer from not being able to use external mail clients defined as
system's default from within Opera. this only applies to the option
"Use system default mailer".

3. If you cannot use the opteion mentioned, you have to revert to the
following: Check "Use external programme" and enter the string

                 G:\Bat\thebat.exe mailto:%

Don't tick "Replace missing parameters ..."!

I hope the developers at OS soon find out why some of us have
difficulties using the other option and can correct (*and* publish a
fixed version). For the moment we only know that the bug from the beta
has shifted somewhat. In the beta the error message was created by
Opera itself, now it is a system message about not finding the right
programme, although it is defined correctly through the registry.

I suspect that Opera does not hand over the parameters correctly, I
found it adding a question mark at the end. the developers know of
this - hopefully - through the appropriate newsgroup.

- --
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.54 Beta/14 on Windows 95 4.0 67306684 C

Computer games don't affect kids: If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd
all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music. (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
Inc, 1989)