At 05:57 PM 12/01/2001, you wrote:
>Hello Dennis,
>
>On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:44:34 -0500GMT (1-12-01, 21:44 +0100GMT, where
>I live), you wrote:
>
>D> Is there a way to remove duplicate email addresses from an address book?
>D> People tend to be annoyed when mailing them 5 of the same thing.
>
>D> The address book entries were created by a filter.
>
>In my experience TB-filters don't create duplicate entries in the
>address book.
>The only reason TB would do such a thing is when people use different
>names with the same address or different addresses with the same name.
>TB checks whether the name/address combination is unique and adds
>those combinations to the AB.
>
>Removing entries with the same address should be done manually, but it
>can be done fairly easy.
>
>Open the address book
>  Choose: View => Sort by => E-mail address
>Now you see duplicate e-mail addresses right away and you can delete
>them.

Well, with 11,000 entries this is a pretty big manual project. I imported
my "sales" mailbox which has about 3 years of mail in it...and apparently
many of our customers have changed there "full name" specs or have slightly
different ones depending on which mailer they use (I suppose mine is
different at home than at the office also)......I guess I'll be exporting
to process the mailing list and then re-importing, but I'll lose all of the
name information which is too bad.

thanks,

Dennis