Hi Peter,

> But one thing _is_ sure: Netscape has to send User/Pass too, otherwise
> no Login could be done :-) But as I said: seem Netscape needs to do
> this only once in opposite to TB! :-)

You are correct about Netscape holding the connction open but I am
confirming that in the one Netscape login sequence, the username
and password are NOT visible in the packets.

I don't mean to anal about this as I've been using FTP and other
unencoded stuff for years. My concern is that, as we move towards a
future where there is more and more malicious hacking of all
kinds, and speaking as someone who needs to log in on a lot of
customers' servers I am going to be wanting to avoid yelling that
password every few minutes day after day.

That's why I began looking into the Secure Bat which uses hardware
protection. I was trying to get the MD5 or other protected stuff
working in the regular Bat to see if the secure version willwork
with my servers.

Randy