Hello Gerd,

On 11 Dec 2001 at 10:42:11 you wrote (at least in part):

>> '123.456.789.698' as you have no chance to validate the number is
>> between 0 & 255 (including), but it's quite sure better than nothing :-)

GE> Why not using [012][0-5][0-5] if it is always a three-digit number
GE> (else you have to use alternatives...)

The downside is: Joseph did not write about this always being a
3-digit number at last position and so I assumed 'normal' IP criteria.
And an IP address is described as 4 blocks of numbers, divided by a
period, each block able to contain a decimal value between 0 & 255. So
you _can_ write 1.2.3.004 but you are not enforced to.

GE> Sorry, I know this should be posted in TBTech. Mea culpa.

NIMHO. It's an answer to a users question about his filters and not a
deeper technical discussion about basics or something similar :-)
Thinking your way nearly everything in this list would have to end up
in TBTECH after the 2nd reply *ggg*
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits.