Hello William,

WM>   This happens about once every 2-3 weeks. It's not really a problem - I
WM>   just delete the message - but if anyone can tell me why it's happening
WM>   I would be very grateful.

yes, the same thing happens to me too.  But I've always put it down to
my ISP.  I've been with them since 1997 and many iterations of their
service.  They create new mail servers but then set up redirection
from new to old, which is both erratic and forgotten about.  I have to
check 4 different pop servers to get all my mail - some of the servers
 seem to leave the odd message behind.

 As to why the subject gets deleted - perhaps thats a feature of TB,
 which is probably being more clever than is good for it (heck, if the
 user doesn't understand its tricks then the kudos gets lost doesn't
 it).

 Regards

 Tom