Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 8:36:01 PM, Sebastian wrote:

> Alright, now I already had trouble with NAV when an incoming mail had
> a virus, so it could not get downloaded into THE BAT - I solved the
> problem with help of you guys, by just dispatching FROM the server.

> Unfortunately, one second that NAV was NOT running, I downloaded a
> virus that some weirdo sent to me, attachment ending with .mp3.PIF -
> greaaat.

> I deleted the file from the mail list AND from the trash, but Norton
> CONSTANTLY tells me I got that virus in the corresponding TBB file -
> what now?

> Thank you so much, I appreciate any help,

> Sebastian. :)

I'm pretty much a TB newbie. However, the fact that TB has a "compress
folders" option, indicates that it doesn't actually delete a message
from you message base -- it only marks the message as deleted. If this
is the case, then the TBB file will still contain the virus signature
(even though you can't get at it). Try compressing your folders. If my
hunch is correct, this will remove the virus signature from your TBB
file.

To compress all folders for an account:
1. Select any folder for the account.
2. On the Folders menu, choose Compress All Folders.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK