Hello Dwight,

It was foretold that on Thursday, December 20, 2001 at 14:27 GMT
-0600, Dwight A Corrin [DAC] would type:

DAC> Funny you should post this today. I received the following, which
DAC> looks more innocent than yours but still made me wonder. If sender
DAC> knew about the list, why not ask there instead of send query to me?

I tend to get a few people a month contacting me.  For various
reasons, they aren't comfortable posting to the list, so they ask
someone who posts a fair bit[1].  The message you got seems to be in that
vein.

<snip>
>> Sorry to bother you, but I saw your name on The Bat discussion list.
>> Could you please tell me how to send HTML emails with TB.
>>
>> It was in the FAQ sometimes ago but no more.
>> Thanks in advance
<snip>

[1] I personally try to tell people who do this that posting to the
    list is better for a variety of reasons.  The main reasons are:

    a) List members who are familiar with the particular solution will
       be responding rather than a random individual.  This usually
       means better responses.
    b) Other people on the list have a chance to learn from the
    c) An individual might not have the time or inclination to answer
       a given message.  By posting to the list, there is a good
       chance that *someone* will post a solution, even if it isn't
       someone who posts often.
    d) Responses to the list will almost always be faster simply
       because there are so many timezones represented.
    e) This list is very tolerant when it comes to non-native English.
       You might even find someone who can help you in your native
       tongue.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Ok, who is General Relativity, and what did he do with Sir Newton?