On 5 January 2002 at 10:39 am Gerard wrote:

> Hi Bat Users,

>  I have a little problem.
>  Somehow MS Outlook keeps associating itself with files from type EML.
>  I do not use Outlook and I have TB associate itself with EML files each
>  time. I guess the best way would be to remove Outlook al together, but
>  I cant find it in the add/remove program option.

>  Does anyone know what I can do about this behavior, or how to remove
>  Outlook al together?

This is becoming a common problem; if you install a number of media
players (eg Winamp and RealOne) you'll find that each of them load a
little utility at startup to grab hold of "their" file extensions
before Microsoft Media Player does so. Bizarre but true.

Outlook or Outlook Express?

If Outlook, remove it using the Office installation utility ;)

Outlook Express is entirely different. If you have later versions of
Windows (I have XP here) you can't remove it cleanly; there is nothing
in the Control Panel to do so and it is tied in with Windows so
deleting files may be dangerous. With earlier versions (eg my office
machine, which has Windows 95), it _does_ have a Control Panel
add/remove entry for Outlook Express.

However, this may be of interest:

http://www.98lite.net/

Alastair