Hello Costas,

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:19:50 +0200GMT (12-1-2002, 18:19 +0100GMT,
where I live), you wrote:

CP> What  is  the  purpose  of the XUIDL header, how is it created and how
CP> does  it  work?  Can  someone give me a simple explanation?

It's a header used by mailing lists to identify to which subscriber
the message was sent to. That makes it possible to recognise the
intended recipient when a message bounces.
Lots of mailing lists insert the name and address of the list in the
To: header, so that info can't be used.

There are more headers that are being used like this, it's software
dependant. Though X-UIDL is often encountered in spam, it's not
restricted to spam. (Unfortunately.)

--
Groetjes, Roelof