Hello Nick,

14 Jan 2002, 6:49:35 pm, you wrote to TBUDL:

NA> Perhaps I have not understood your instructions but I cannot get
NA> TB to produce a message, addressed to 50 people on a Private
NA> Mailing List such that each recipient receives a message with
NA> their own address in the To: field.

  The method Marck descibes: putting the address list in the
  bcc-header, is the easyest way of sending the same message to
  several people without cluttering the To: header with all the names.

  But it IS possible to send identical mails to several people in a way
  the each recipient gets its own address in the To: field

  1. You make a Quick Template
  2. Tick the box Use for mass mailing
  3. Include the macro %Subject="your subject"
  4. You can use other macros to personalize the mail if you wish,
  5. Select entries from the address book - for instance a group or
  several indiviual recipients
  6. In the addressbook File menu select Mass mailing using template,
  and select the template you just have made.
  7. There will be created several individual mails, one for each
  selected addressbook entry with a specific To: header for that
  addressbook entry. You are given a choice of opening each
  message in the editor, placing them in the outbox ready for
  delivery, or saving them as drafts.

  This works on my Bat, Nick, why it do not work for you, I do not
  understand, or are we just talking about different things?

  Ottar Grimstad, Norway
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.online.no/~ottgrims
Using The Bat! 1.54 Beta/28 on Windows 98 version 4,10