Hello Thomas,

2. Hidden addresses... not

AA>> You skipped this one in your reply... can you reproduce this
AA>> anomaly?

TF> I don't know; I didn't try. I just picked a few items off your
TF> list...

Those "few" were all except this one, hence my question. Marck
Pearlstone informs me that I've confused the "'Address selection box'
for the 'Address book'. The Address selector allows access to all of
the addresses in the address book but the root hides none.'

I'll repeat here the question I asked him: "Why [would I] want to hide
an address in the main view and display it when I'm actually looking
for an address"?

3. Editable header fields... not?

TF> The user who is confused about whether he can edit address fields
TF> in an email he is composing, is not quite fit for email yet.

I don't agree at all. In most e-mail clients, certain header fields
are editable, others not. The From: address, for instance, is rarely
editable. TB! apparently has the advantage of allowing all of the
displayed fields to be edited, but I can think of no other program
that displays editable fields the same way as the non-editable
surrounding area. If you have a single example of such a program,
please let me know.

5. Two mailtos

AA>> Try using the registry entry I suggested. Does your error message
AA>> disappear? Does the mailto link still work if TB! is on or off?

TF> I will try this as soon as I find some time.

Great. Please let me know what results you have.

6. Leaving the last attachment

AA>> If you cannot reproduce this, I'd propose that I send you a
AA>> message that behaves that way on my system.

TF> Please go ahead. I am really curious about this. Please MIME
TF> forward the message.

I'll forward the message to you and to Marck Pearlstone. I'll send you
a text message announcing the nature of the message that's been sent
and the click-by-click procedure that I followed to see the anomaly.
There'll be a separate send of the NTBugTraq message with the attached
.MSG files. NTBugTraq messages appear irregularly, usually no more
than twice per week. The message you receive will contain _no_
executables.

7. Getting to the bottom of the AB name display

AA>> The first question is whether this anomaly is reproducible -- is it?

TF> Will check this out later.

Marck Pearlstone was unable to reproduce this one. I suggest that you
copy the e-mail address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 100 times (sufficient
for 1024x768 -- increase the number of times you copy if you're
working at higher resolution) into a single AB entry. Then, hover your
mouse over the entry so that TB! displays the e-mail addresses. On my
system, the display flashes furiously as it collides with the bottom
of the screen. If you can't duplicate, I'll conclude it's related to
my video driver and, in any case, I'll see if I can duplicate under
vanilla VGA.

8. Underspec of the overlap

AA>> Open a long message. Note the last line displayed in the viewer
AA>> window. Press the space bar.

TF> OK, under this definition, I have a single-line overlap. Has
TF> always been like this.

Curious. On my screen I have no overlap here. I have a single line,
whereas you have two, if I use PgDn. I'll try this under vanilla VGA
to see if a conflict between TB! and my video driver is implicated.

11. Save message, lose data

AA>> I considered it also to be a simple improvement suggestion
AA>> ("enhancement") until I lost data this week by accepting the
AA>> default...

TF> It is not a bug if you accept the default. Sorry, this is user
TF> error...

Let's call it "program-induced user error." To excuse the program (and
pillory the user), I ask that you provide a *single* example of
another program that provides such a default option under *any*
circumstances. (Want to to overwrite your file? Yes (default)  No
Cancel)

I've never, ever before seen a default option that erases saved data.

Thanks, Thomas, for responding so completely to the items listed in
this thread.

regards, Andy

[Using The Bat! 1.53t under Windows 2000 Pro SP2]