On 20 January 2002 at 16:29 Joseph wrote:

>      Jan Rifkinson wrote on Saturday, January 19, 2002:

>>   I use The Bat! which is not listed here. This email client has the
>>   ability to use an anti-virus plug-in from any program developer
>>   that provides one.

> How does this work?  Where is the documentation to be found?  I route
> my incoming email through my AV program (NOD32), but I've made no
> adjustments in TB!

There's a facility in the current 1.54 beta versions (not the 1.53
release version) which allows messages to be automatically
virus-scanned by TB! _provided a TB!-specific plugin exists_.

At the moment, as far as I know, only Kaspersky Anti-Virus has a
plugin written for it, and the virus-checking facilities are greyed
out in any case ...

(I suppose thie point of this plugin architecture is to allow any
anti-virus vendor to hook their product into TB! easily and in a
predictable way).

>>   If this were available, it would be of great help to
>>   many of us even though The Bat! has it's own built in
>>   virus checker.

> What built-in virus checker does TB! have?

None; see above.

Alastair