Hi [EMAIL PROTECTED],

The above almost sums up my problem:

My New Message template begins with "Hi %TOFNAME," which should render
a greeting to a recipient by his/her first name. But when I address
a new message using the Address Book, The Bat! inserts either the
entire e-mail address or the first part of it after "Hi", even though
the template says to pick up the recipient's first name. I have filled
out the name fields on the Properties tabs with First and Last Name,
Handle and Display Name. In other words, if I address my mail to Joe
Smith at [EMAIL PROTECTED],  TB will usually start the message with "Hi jsmith,"
or, even worse "Hi [EMAIL PROTECTED]," rather than "Hi Joe,"

Also, TB seems to fill in the address of previously used names from
some stored area other than the Address Book, like from a cache of
some sort. I've purposely changed addresses and TB continues to write
the old address. Very puzzling.

How can I get it say "Hi Joe," and get TB to recognize changes I make
in recipient info.

 Orrie

 "If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the entire
catalogue."  --
Sears, Roebuck

Orrie Frutkin
Copywriter/Marketing Communications