On 24 January 2002 at 2:52 pm Rick wrote:

> Is there a way to drag a folder into another folder so that it becomes
> a subfolder? I can use alt-and hold down on a folder to move it but I
> can't seem to get it to go into another folder to become a subfolder.

Ctrl-Alt-drag does it. In general:

i. Alt-drag onto a folder puts the dragged folder at the same level;

ii. Ctrl-Alt-drag onto a folder puts the dragged folder one level below.

A slight oddity with Alt-drag is that, if you do it twice, the folder is
displayed "either side of" the folder at the same level. So, if you have
A in place and B being dragged, the first drag of B onto A gives

- B
- A

and the second of B onto A gives

- A
- B

Alastair

--
Alastair Scott (London, United Kingdom)
Using Windows 95 and The Bat! 1.54 Beta/31