I have noticed this problem too, but not with the tbudl.  What I
notice is if I reply to a message which was sent to me in HTML, it
does not quote the text in the reply.  I do use the %Quotes macro, but
it doesn't seem to work with the HTML messages.

--
Have a great day,
Sam

"»Stay« is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary." - Bronson
Allcott