On 08 February 2002 at 11:47 am Dave wrote:

> Melissa Reese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Yes - it's one of the things I really appreciate about TB!'s threading
>> options.  Each folder I want threaded in a particular way remembers
>> it's individual setting.

> But to accomplish this I would have to set up the heading columns for
> each of my several dozen folders individually, a somewhat tedious job.

> It seems to me a misfeature for TB! to have tied threading to the
> folder "Use account default column settings", such that any change in
> the threading selection for any one folder with that option ticked
> results in that threading selection being propogated to all folders so
> ticked.

> Or am I missing something?  Any enlightenment appreciated.

To the best of my incomplete knowledge you're not and, really, rather a
lot of TB!'s customisation features are a horrible muddle and need to be
rewritten from scratch.

(I've never understood the 'use account default column settings' - where
are they set? I would expect the defaults to be set in Account
Properties and folders which _don't_ take the defaults to have them
explicitly set via another tab in right-mouse-button | Properties. I'm
afraid that, if things like this don't hit you in the face, they're not
worth using).

If you think the column settings lack clarity, try 'use folder-specific
print settings' - this was explained to me as clearly as it could have
been yet is still utterly incomprehensible. I have neither time nor
inclination to learn such curious user interface notions ...

Alastair

--
Alastair Scott (London, United Kingdom)
Using Windows 95 and The Bat! 1.54 Beta/37