On 18 February 2002 at 10:09 am Dave wrote:

> Monday, February 18, 2002, 2:13:18 AM, Qwackmaster wrote:

> Qwackmaster> Is there a way that I can extract all the email addresses out of
> Qwackmaster> received messages in a particular folder?  I'm a member of a Music
> Qwackmaster> Email List and I would like to contact everyone who has posted to the
> Qwackmaster> list privately.  In order to do this, I'm wondering if there's a way
> Qwackmaster> to extract all the email addresses into a text file or into a separate
> Qwackmaster> folder in my address book?

> I'd call that SPAM ;-)

Indeed - but the only way I can think of to do it is:

i. Use Tools | Export Messages | Unix Mailbox (with all messages
selected in the folder) to export them as a single text file;

ii. Use external programs to hack around that text file.

For example, my text editor (TextPad) would allow me to mark every line
containing From: with a bookmark, then cut and paste the bookmarked
lines only to a second file. A bit of tidying that up would give the
list.

Alastair