Hello Miguel,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:51:23 +0100GMT (20-2-2002, 10:51 +0100GMT,
where I live), you wrote:

MAU> What's the actual difference between "Compress All folders" and "Purge
MAU> All folders" under Folder menu? As far as I can see they seem to do
MAU> the same.

When you're purging your folders you're marking those messages as
deleted that are too old or too many when compared to the folder
properties.

That is 'marking as deleted', not deleting them from the messagebase,
but only rendering them invisible. Like many databases TB only marks a
message as deleted when you delete it or move it another folder, no
matter if that's done automaticaaly on exit, via a filter or manually.

The compressing part is to actually delete from the database those
messages that were maked as deleted. That's why the compressed command
ends with a pop-up screen that tells you how many bytes you've saved,
since TB's messagebases get smaller.
--
Groetjes, Roelof