Vlad,

> The solution seems to be an urgent move to Pegasus :((

I think your system has problems more than simply The Bat. I've never had
any such problems and by the sounds of it your problems sound farther more
fundamental. I'd seriously consider re-installing Windows fresh before
anything. Could be something else playing up in the background as well
maybe. Sometimes reducing the graphic card's hard acceleration can improve
things (wild stab there). Whether moving to another email client solves your
immediate problem, or not still leads me to conclude your system has problems
that need addressing, otherwise it might come back to haunt you.

Maybe as a stop gap try a clean install of The Bat and don't restore your
data and see how it goes. At least then, after time, you can say it's The
Bat, or the database of messages. This would then maybe give the developers
something to go on. I'm not sure what, if anything, the Bat has in the way
of message database repairing, as compression isn't the same as a repair
function?

Charles Collinson