Dierk,

I use a whole host of reporting engines in my development work to get around
the odd HP drivers. Some work and some don't, however the one thing that
links them all is the odd range of HP drivers for some reason. It's not all
HP printers (drivers) but the two mentioned here (odd 800 and 600 range)have
major problems with many a report engines (print engines). Some say 800 range
are OK but one, or two in that range don't work well and it's due to the
printer driver. From what I've been told, the HP drivers do something a
little different than most drivers. The best solution I've found is using a
different driver for the printer and bang it works. The end result is that
the developers of The Bat, me and untold other developers have wasted a lot
of time with HP and the solution is always the same: get a better printer :)

Not sure about Kyocera, however I've only had one other printer brand play
up from a customer and I can't recall if it was a Kyocera, or not. Might
have been a Cannon. It's all in the 'driver', so they say :) If a client
rings me with a printing problem I can be sure the next words they say will
include HP LOL.

The fellow that's having a problem here wants to simply try a different
driver and at least try the Windows Standard Deskjet 500 driver, as it
usually works OK. Bit limited on a fancy colour printer for sure.

HP 720/820 - Problems.
HP LaserJet 6P - Better using PCL driver.

Charles Collinson